RG.45 Ballistic has been developed and formatted as a fire-retardant for ballistic panels. Traditional ballistic panels are effective with absorbing rounds but have challenges with heat, flame, and unspent gunpowder. The RG.45 Ballistic has been developed to address this range of safety concerns related to fire.
RG.45 Ballistic uses intumescent technology which creates a carbon shield when exposed to heat or flame permitting the round to cool and not ignite the ballistic panel. RG.45 has been independently tested to numerous international standards including ASTM E 108-11 Class A rating; ASTM E84 Class A rating (pending), which test under the harsh conditions of long exposure to direct flame
RG.45 Ballistic Documentation
|RG.45 Ballistic||ASTM E-108-11||Class A||65 ft2per gallon|
|RG.45 Ballistic||ASTM E 84||Class A||80 ft2per gallon|
Once RG.45 Ballistic can be applied via an airless sprayer. Apply at a coverage rate of 22 wet mills (80 sq. ft. per gallon) at every 6-inch depth of rubber media. Products may not be diluted or altered prior to use. Range Protect recommends that you reapply RG.45 Ballistic when 50 percent of the coating is visibly missing from the rubber or when mining rounds from the rubber.
- Class A fire-retardant rating on the ASTM E 108-11 and the ASTM E 84 (testing in progress) tested on Ballistic Rubber and Panels.
- Intumescent technology to isolate flame and hot rounds with a pillow of carbon permitting the bullet to cool while protecting the panel
- A specially designed formulation for excellent adhesion to rubber composite panels without requiring a primer in most cases
- A matte black finish that blends in well in a tactical environment and panel appearance is not affected by round penetration since both the coating and the panel are black.
- Applied with airless spray equipment which means fast and reliable installation
- The coating has a special fast-dry formula which means that the Range can be returned service very quickly
- Low VOC’s rating and no harmful chemical released either during the application or as a result of Range use